Background

Monday 27 July 2009

Project 16

Project 16: crochet cosmetic bag


It was Aunty Pauline's birthday and I wanted to make her a present as she was the person who helped teach me to crochet. I have had these greens and browns in my stash since starting the Seaside Blanket, and I was really tempted to put them together in a mint choc-chip colour scheme. I love the results.


I am also giddy with delight at the cabbage rose. It started life as a frill, but it was too... errrm... frilly for me. I rolled it up in disappointment, and then realised with some wangling it would make a good flower. And it's perfect as some of the holes reduce the general bulk, and the scalloped edge make lovely petal shapes.


Now I realise that this cabbage rose might not be to Aunty Pauline's taste as she's rather more traditional in her taste than me. So, following Betz White's excellent felted broach tutorial I made the rose and attached it to a badge pin, so it can be taken off it preferred (or indeed used as a corsage if it's loved)


The bag itself is just some double crochet in different stripes


Cost: £9 if yarn bought from scratch, although this didn't cost me anything as it was purchased for another project.


Time taken: one evening


Satisfaction rating: it's up there. 9/10 as I love the end result and it was quick and easy.


Aunty Paulines make up bag


Flower close up   



No comments:

Post a Comment