Background

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Taa-daa Zac's Daddy's Cushion

Well, it's been a strange few days. Firstly big changes within the government. I'm not a Tory voter, so I am curious about this new hybrid government and concerned in equal measure. Also, Charlie's been poorly and at home, which throws the normal routine out of the window. Jonathan is being the typical sulky, stroppy teenager after weeks of good behaviour, and I am finding it very frustrating. Dom is very tired and prone to being sulky and a bit snappy - I was concerned until I remembered that it always seems to happen at this time of year; it must be an end of the school year thing.


I am feeling decidedly off colour still and am being tested within an inch of my life by the doctor, who suspects a thyroid problem, or ME. I am not sure how I feel about this; I am not good at feeling ill. Doctors intimidate the crap out of me.


Anyway, a bit of good news. I have pretty much finished my first ever paid order - Zac's Daddy's cushion. Shall I show you? 


 









Essentially the idea is to transfer a picture onto fabric by using embroidery. This was Zac's original picture:




There's a little bit on interpretation involved, just to make the picture stand out, but very little really. This is a picture of Zac and his Daddy playing. I absolutely love doing these cushions; I love the drawings that the children do. It feels a real priviledge to get into their minds a little bit. The drawing is then surrounded by a funky fabric, made to request. On this one I had free reign.




It's not completely finished as my sewing machine decided to blow up yesterday - I. Am. Not. Impressed - the bloody things is almost new! The air was a bit blue and sweary, so I had to take a break and calm down. I am going to relax with a cup of tea and an edition of CSI, and then get back to it.


 


I hope you have a good, creative day today.


Cheerio.


Claire xx



1 comment: