Background

Thursday 27 May 2010

Sale number one! Get iiiiiin!

Hooray <does happy dance>


I just wanted to share with you a sketch book I made for the lovely Laura. She wanted me to make something in my bunting theme:


Bunting teaset
 
So I had a good old think, and spent a few hours in the lady shed messing around with fabrics and embroidery. I came up with this:


Garden notebook front


front


Garden notebook back cover
 
back


Garden notebook side fastening
side


Garden notebook inside
inside cover


Do you like it? I absolutely loved doing it. It was a steaming hot summer's afternoon and I was having fun messing around with fabric. Thank you, Laura. If you'd like one, you can find them in my Folksy shop, button top right.  


On a different note, I just wanted to check you were OK. I don't know what's in the air at the moment, but a lot of friends have been in touch to say they're not doing so well. Depression seems to be rife, as well as general poorliness. I wanted to send you a hug and ask you to take care of yourself. Promise, yes?


I've just started a knitting project, for me, with pure cashmere. It's bright orange! It's such a delight, both in terms of feel and colour. I'll share that with you next time.


Lots of love!


Claire x



2 comments:

  1. Ooooooh I'm so excited to be mentioned in your blog!
    I can't wait for my notebook I need to get some sticky dots so I can start sticking things in straight away!
    Big Hugs Claire,
    L xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats just fantstic!!!!! I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete